Research tells us that about one in four of us will have some sort of mental
health difficulty. Everyday life can become overwhelming and so full of worry
that it is hard to find any peace, however, change for the better is possible
and it’s my job to help you do this. I will work with you to explore your
difficulties safely and confidentially, to make changes in how you feel, think
Counselling is a bit like throwing a jigsaw puzzle on the floor and having
someone help you find the pieces and make a picture that you like. My job is
to adjust how we work to suit your individual needs. I do not force you to do
anything; I do not interview; make you look at your childhood; tell me your
dreams or anything that you do not want to look at. I respect and trust that
you will tell me what you need me to know.
- Confidentiality? - is huge part of counselling – this means that I will not share information with employers, other professionals or family, unless it is to keep someone safe from serious harm or if required to as part of a legal process and our professional practice or if you request it.
- Appointment Times? – I try to be flexible to suit you and offer appointments at various times of day and some evenings.
- Cost? – I charge £30 individuals and £35 for couples for the initial appointment to meet and see how we might work together. I then negotiate a sliding scale of fees adapted to individuals.
- Where? – I usually work from home in Binstead, as it is far more friendly – no public waiting rooms, meeting people you might know. This also helps keep the costs down and allows much more flexibility. I can offer home visits if needed and other locations but this does affect cost.
- Cancellations? - I do not charge for the first cancellation but will charge half my agreed fee for non-attendance or subsequent cancellations without notice or often, as the space for another client will be lost.